Новости мира ArcheAge

Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Can Sliding Chiefs Save Thei

Модератор: Lemondogs

Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Can Sliding Chiefs Save Thei

Сообщение aliciahuang » 07 дек 2017, 11:27

1. Anatomy of a Collapse

People like me have gotten the Chiefs wrong all year.

When the Chiefs started 5-0, I said we wouldn't see the same old team. They've gone 1-6 since.

he tossed four touchdowns against the Jets,I said bench Alex Smith. On Sunday,Womens Blair Walsh Jersey, and K.C. still lost.

The reason the Chiefs have been hard to figure is because what we're seeing is rare. Almost never does a team ride to an undefeated start only to fall apart, losing to bad teams along the way.

"It is just not about X's and O's, we have questioned their passion, their effort,Authentic Sheldon Richardson Jersey," former safety Rodney Harrison said on NBC. "We have questioned their heart, and now we are questioning their discipline. Andy Reid has so much work to do within this locker room to get these guys just to focus, just to play hard."

This is what a total collapse looks like.

When team officials and assistant coaches interviewed by B/R were asked to diagnose what's happened to the Chiefs, they identified three primary issues:

A lack of discipline. Accountability is in short supply, according to those with whom we spoke. Marcus Peters' decision to toss a penalty flag into the stands Sunday was only the latest incident. Teams believe the Chiefs have refused to seriously discipline Peters all season for a variety of offenses and lack of control.

the thinking goes, it sends a message to the rest of the team that anything goes. Discipline on an NFL team can be a complex and layered subject, as Beckham recently tweeted,One assistant coach compared Peters to the Giants' Odell Beckham Jr. When one player is allowed to behave in such ways, but the Chiefs are reaping the results of what happens when you give a player too much leeway.

"At times frustration can set in, it's important to control yourself. With young guys, they're high-strung," Reid told reporters. "When good things don't happen, man, they're competitive. [But] there's a fine line. You have to handle yourself the right way."

Reid may have disciplined the players privately with team fines, but if that's the case, the sources told me,To be fair, it's not working.

Editor's Note: Coach Andy Reid has reportedly suspended Peters for this weekend's game, according to Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star.

An overrated roster. The Chiefs roster seems loaded with Kelce, Tyreek Hill and some high-end players on defense such as Justin Houston and Bennie Logan.

But many of the team sources found weaknesses in the talent level. There may be something to that.

the Chiefs hadn't scored more than 17 points since October. On defense, they are ranked 28th against the pass. And while it's true Kansas City scored 31, the defense gave up 488 yards and a season-high 38 points—to Josh McCown and the Jets. And for the season,Heading into Sunday, only two teams—the Buccaneers and Giants—have given up more yards.

" one NFC assistant coach said,"This defense used to be feared, "and now it's not."

league observers noted that the loss of a stabilizing force like Berry takes a toll long-term. No matter if he is still around the team, when a player isn't practicing or playing,The loss of Eric Berry. Berry tore his Achilles' tendon and was placed on injured reserve in September. Though the Chiefs still reached 5-0 without him, even someone as great as Berry doesn't have the same influence.

" Hall of Famer Warren Moon said on the CBS Sports Network show NFL Monday QB. "This is a team that is not playing together. They lack leadership. We saw what happened with Marcus Peters and his eruption. They really need some leadership back there. They really miss Eric Berry being a part of this football team,"I think there's enough blame to go all the way around because that explosive offense that started off the season like gangbusters just came to a halt like five weeks ago, both on and off the field."

One team official told B/R that the Chiefs losing Berry would be like the Golden State Warriors losing Steph Curry.

No matter how dire things look now,Womens Jimmy Graham Jersey, the execs and coaches all cautioned that the Chiefs are not dead yet and that they could still make a run to close the season. But it doesn't look that way today.

add a championship resume, and you get a swagger that few teams in football have—one that can help win games. And while that swagger appeared to be waning after a 1-2 start,The Seattle locker room is one of the most electric in all of football. It has the greatest collection of brains and brawn in the sport. Put those two things together, a 7-2 mark since has revived that attitude. And that could be scary for the rest of the NFL.

the Seahawks have appeared mortal in recent years,Womens Doug Baldwin Jersey, as injuries have taken their toll on the locker room. They are still banged up, but I felt a different vibe when I was in Seattle this past week. In some ways,To me, it was exemplified by something linebacker Bobby Wagner said after the Seahawks beat the Eagles on Sunday night.

"I felt like everybody was sleeping on us and nobody expected us to win this game,Authentic Kam Chancellor Jersey," Wagner said. "But we expected to win this game. This is not a surprise to us."

Now that's the Seahawks swagger I've come to know and love.

they see Russell Wilson in some ways. The comparison has been made so many times to me it's almost cliche. There are questions, though,When teams see Mayfield, about Mayfield that there weren't about Wilson.

" an AFC team official said. "I wonder about his maturity,"One of the more physically talented players in the entire draft, but not too much."

Added an NFC team official: "He's Russell Wilson physically. The worry is if he's Johnny Manziel mentally."

That's likely to make for a difficult decision for some teams.

"He could be the steal of the draft,Authentic Blair Walsh Jersey," another NFL team official said. "He's that good. But is he stable? Can you count on him?"

former Steelers coach Bill Cowher (who I think could coach the Giants next year,The benching of Eli Manning is one of the greatest screwups in the recent history of the Giants. Speaking on CBS, by the way) put the mess in perfect context:

and Ben McAdoo never really tried to adapt this offense to fit around the strengths of Eli Manning. ... I felt if [owner] John Mara had a chance to do it over,"Eli Manning was never a good fit in this offense,Authentic Luke Joeckel Jersey, he'd do a redo. Because he didn't realize the backlash that took place. ...

"You have a losing culture. Four out of the last five years, a head coach and GM have to think alike and bring players into that locker room that have the same core values that you have. Having said that, you have two big decisions on the two most important players on your team: Eli Manning and Odell Beckham Jr. ... I would go to [Manning], you have losing records. And to change a losing culture, and I would say, 'Would you be a part of a succession plan? We're going to draft a quarterback. But I would like to have you groom this quarterback and help us transition into the next phase of [your] Giants career going forward.'"

"He's not a dirty player, you're going to jail," Harrison said on NBC's Football Night in America. "As disappointed as I am in Rob Gronkowski, but if you do something like that to someone in the streets, I do believe that he deserves to be suspended one game. It's just unnecessary. For a guy to be down there—he's unprotected—and for you to purposely jump 270 pounds on him and drive your forearm to the back of his head is just unnecessary. ... He is a great kid, but he made a huge mistake."

Gronk apologized for the hit, and so did Bill Belichick. So that's good.

Gronk has been given a pass for his antics, but he crossed a line this time,But the hit should forever end all the "just Gronk being Gronk" chatter. In some parts of NFL fandom, endangering another player's health. And that should make everyone see Gronk through a different lens.

the former NFL coach,Rex Ryan, was speaking about Smith on the ESPN pregame show Sunday when he said something that caused me to almost spit out my venti grande caramelo coffee all over my iPhone X while getting my nails done.

Ryan said that while Smith is a nice guy, "I just don't want him playing quarterback for me."

Ryan is an analyst now,Smith is not a good quarterback. That is true. He was pretty awful with the Jets. Also, and that kind of candor is normally excellent. I applaud it and note it all the time.

however,There was just something kind of cheap about what Ryan said, especially because it's not like Ryan lit up the world during his time as a coach. He was as disappointing as a coach as Smith is as a quarterback.

That's probably what set Smith off when he was asked about Ryan's comment.

Again, Ryan's dis wasn't unwarranted. It just lacks a certain sense of class when the criticism comes from someone who once trusted the player enough to start him.

After the Raiders beat the Giants, the always quotable Marshawn Lynch uttered one of the best few lines ever spoken by a sports figure:

"I'm sorry," he said, look, showing reporters he had been selected for a random drug test after the game, according to ESPN.com's Paul Gutierrez. "It's either this or that, though, and I can't afford that. I apologize. But if you do not understand what this is, it's when you put your ding-ding sauce out and give them a sample."

Some of you may have missed just exactly how badass a career Colts running back Frank Gore has had. On Sunday,697 yards for his career. That's fifth-best in history. That's more than Jerome Bettis (13, which put him at 13,662 and a Hall of Famer) and LaDainian Tomlinson (13,Authentic Doug Baldwin Jersey, he had 61 yards rushing,Authentic Amara Darboh Jersey,684 and a Hall of Famer), both of whom he passed Sunday.

101 yards. Some might criticize the fact that Gore has got his numbers over 13 seasons, while Martin, for instance,Womens Kam Chancellor Jersey,He's now just 405 yards from passing Curtis Martin at 14, reached his milestone in just 11.

as well. Gore may not be Jim Brown or Walter Payton,Doesn't matter to me. Gore achieved his stats in the most prolific passing era of all time. That should matter, Womens Amara Darboh Jersey,but there's nothing wrong with that—and no reason why he shouldn't get the recognition he deserves.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid sounded upbeat about Allen Bailey’s chances of returning to play in Sunday’s home game against the Oakland Raiders.

a starting defensive end,Womens Luke Joeckel Jersey,Bailey, reinjured a knee in Sunday’s loss to the Jets and played 46 of 91 snaps. He had played sparingly against the Bills the previous week after sitting out the Chiefs’ Nov. 19 game against the Giants.

Bailey was one of four Chiefs who missed practice on Wednesday.

“He’s doing OK,” Reid said. “It’s precautionary. We’ll rest him today.”
aliciahuang
Рядовой

Ник в игре:: alicihuang
Профессия: Чародей

Вернуться в Новости мира ArcheAge